Sunday, August 14, 2005

Short Story
Dance of the Computer Games, The

The day was like any other day, bright. The sun was shining behind the overcast clouds and cast a gloomy shadow all around the world were the clouds where. I was sitting outside enjoying the sun and decided to get inside out of the rain. As I sat down in the chair in my apartment, I began to wonder what the world would be like if the computer games danced the happy dance of the happy people in the sick sad world that surrounds their happy land of happiness.

It was this happy, happy thought that got me to thinking about it. And as I thought about it, I drifted into the sleepless sleep that is napping. For as I lay there awake in my bed, I went to a dreamless sleep that only the dreamers can have. And in my dreams, I dreamt about the dancing computer games.

And as the dreamscape of my mind's dream was awoken into creation of my dreaming mind a world began to be created and evolve. Little was this world aware that it is nothing more than the creation of my dreaming mind. It could not fathom that it would be destroyed as soon as I awoke from my slumber. This world, this dream world of my own creation was evolving in a matter which I could not foresee, but I did control.

The day of my mind and night of my body started like most other days or so the inhabitants of the world thought. The electrons started to float over the landscape. The creatures of the world started to awaken. Slowly but surely, they took form. They were excited for to day was the night of the Dance of the Computer Games. It was the annual event that had never occurred before but no one involved realized that for they had never existed in this way before.

As the day came, the computer programs started to colalese and form. They became creatures on to themselves. And soon started to play games. They started to play games that only computers play. They started to play the mythical computer games of Shamblay. For the is what their world was called.

And as they played these games, these computer games, they learned to have fun. Soon as the fun increased, they started to jump around and move in new and different ways. They started learn how to dance, something they had never learned to do before this semi-annual tradition of dancing was created so many years ago in a time and place that existed in only the mind of the person sleeping, me.

So the dancing increased until they where all dancing and soon the dancing of the computer programs and the games of the computer programs became the dance of the dancing and gaming computer programs. This wonderful and mystical dance of the computer games continued until the early morning of my world and late into the afternoon and on untill the evening when I awoke from my restful dancing slumber. After I awoke nothing that I had dreamt was remembered and all I had dreamt was destroyed and meaningless.

The End.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home